Fun Sling Bag with Duck Tape®
|August 21, 2013||Posted by Rita under Crafts, Educational, Sponsored Post, Tutorials|
This is a Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Walmart. All opinions are 100% mine.
I have a cute idea for back to school! It is this sling bag with matching notebook, pencil, and bookmark!
Did you know that Walmart has a full assortment of Duck Brand Tape for back to school? They have such a fun assortment of printed tape, that it makes it fun to mix and match! It is so easy to use and you can get very creative with this fun medium! Duck Brand Tape is a creative and inexpensive tool and you are only limited by your imagination!
There are so many cute things that you can do with Duck Brand Tape but today I want to show you how to make this fun sling bag with matching notebook and pencil and book mark. This set is perfect for your back-to-school student!
To make this bag:
1. Make a sheet of tape by laying out 13″ long strips, just overlapping each other.
2. Keep going until your sheet is about 14″ high.
3. Turn the entire sheet over and line with coordinating tape to make a double sided sheet.
4. Trim the sheet to 12″ x 13 1/2 “
Repeat steps 1-4 to make another sheet.
To make the pocket:
5. Lay 2-13″ long strips overlapping each other, then decrease the length of each row by about an 1 or so, making the height of the pocket about 9″.
6. Turn sheet over and cover with coordinating tape. Cut pocket to 12″ wide by 8″ high. Measure 21/2″ high from the right side and angle to the top of the left side.
7. Place a piece of coordinating tape half way on the top of the pocket .
8. Fold over and trim the edges.
To put the bag together:
9. Bind the top of the sheets with a piece of coordinating tape and trim the edges. Lay the two sheets together side by side. Place the pocket on the front side.
10. Tape the two sides along with the pocket down the middle.
11. Turn over and tape down the middle on the inside.
10. Lay a piece of coordinating tape down the middle.
Then repeat on the other side to make a circle. Lay the bag flat and tape the bottom closed.
To make the strap, fold a 45″ long piece of tape over in thirds and press flat. Repeat with 3 more strips. Tape the three strips together and braid. I then stitched the strap to the sides of the bag.
To make the small flower for the pencil top, fold a 24″ piece of tape in half. Then with a needle and heavy thread run a running stitch opposite the folded edge like this:
Pull the thread up to gather tightly. Knot the end. Roll the gathers into a flower. To make the big flower for the bag, place two 24″ coordinating pieces of tape wrong sides together and gather along one side. Pull tightly and roll into a flower. Hot glue together and glue a button to the center. Glue the large flower on the bag and the small flower on the top of a pencil.
Cover the front and the back of a note book and trim the edges. Place two pieces of tape together and trim to a point on one end for a book mark.
And you are done! Now your little student is all ready for school!
There are so many fun things that you can do with Duck Brand Tape. It is such a fun medium to work with and you can get creative in personalizing many of your school products! You can follow @TheDuckBrand for tons of creative inspiration!Pin It