The last post I did, I talked about our Summer Bucket list…and one of the things on the list was to create a new recipe. So my granddaughter came up with this delicious rendition of rice crispie squares called, “Cinnamon Honey Butter Crispies”!This is a very easy, kid friendly recipe that you might just want to add to your arsenal of recipes. It is a delicious spin on a classic treat. We took a plate of these down to the ballgame the other night and they were gobbled up in no time flat! Everyone thought that my granddaughter was a wonderful cook…which she is! :)I mean with a darling smile like that…how can she not be anything but wonderful! Of course I am just a little wee bit prejudice! She wanted to share the recipe with you, so here it is!
- 5 tablespoons honey butter
- 1- 10 ounce package marshmallows (about 40 regular or 4 cups miniature)
- 6 cups cinnamon crunch cereal
- White chocolate-melted-optional
- Melt honey butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- Add cinnamon crunch cereal. Stir until well coated.
- Spread mixture evenly into a 9 x 13 inch pan coated with cooking spray. When cool, drizzle with melted white chocolate. When completely cool, cut into 2 inch squares. Enjoy!
- Best when using fresh marshmallows.
Here is the recipe for Honey Butter. This is one of my granddaughter’s favorite foods, if you can call butter…food! She LOVES this on a slice of bread or toast, so you now you know why she would include this in her new recipe!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Whip butter until it is nice and creamy, add the powdered sugar and mix it all in, then add the honey and the cinnamon. Whip it all up really good. Put in a mason jar to store. You can store in the fridge or leave it out at room temperature. It is going to spread much easier at room temperature, but it is up to you. Serve on rolls, toast, bagels, pancakes, sweet potatoes, etc.
Here is a link to make a cute “friend” mason jar topper to go with the Honey Butter!This looks so good, right in the pan!The next time you need a treat, or the kids want to help make a treat, you might just want to try out this new recipe for Cinnamon Honey Butter Crispies! I am sure that we will be making these again real soon!