Here is fun, EASY, treat that you can make for your family for family night, or for a Halloween party, or to take a treat to your neighbors or co-workers! It is just a simple spin on a classic recipe!
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 10 oz package miniature marshmallows (Or about 4 cups)
- 6 cups rice crispy cereal
- 12-16 ounces melting chocolate (White, semi-sweet,or milk)
- Sprinkles- optional
- 1. Melt butter in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
- 2. Add cereal. Stir until well coated
- 3. Press mixture evenly into an 8 x 8 pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with your favorite sprinkles- (optional) Cut into 9 pieces when cooled.
- 4. Melt chocolate in small microwave proof bowl, for 1 minute at 50% power. Stir and microwave for another 30 seconds at 50% power. Stir until melted. (I only melt half of the chocolate at a time)
- 5. Dip bottom half of cut rice crispies and place on parchment or wax paper, chocolate side up, until chocolate is set.
- 6. Enjoy!
(I made these in a square pan rather than the 9 x 13 pan because I wanted a thicker rice crispy to dip, so if you are making for a crowd you will want to double the recipe!)
This is a fun twist on your regular rice crispy treats that you can change the sprinkles or the chocolate for any holiday, or just for some fun everyday fun!
So do you want to make this fun treat for you family today! Go ahead, I know they will love you for it!